Driving a small hatchback offers many advantages.They’re efficient, maneuverable, practical and, above all, affordable. Sometimes they’re even fun to drive. Kia and Honda have each updated their cars in this segment for 2018. The Kia Rio is all-new, while the Honda Fit has received a number of minor upgrades. Each has its own appeal, so how do Kia and Honda’s updated small cars compare?DrivingOne of Kia’s objectives with the 2018 Rio redesign was improving handling and stability, and the company has succeeded. Handling is sporty, and the car is rock steady at freeway speeds. Steering is precise, and on-center feel has improved tremendously over the previous generation. Even with its 2018 updates, the Fit doesn’t feel as sporty. In turns and at freeway speeds, the Fit feels less planted and isn’t as engaging or confidence-inspiring as the Rio.Both cars use efficient four-cylinder engines that produce 130 horsepower, which is sufficient for such small cars. Both offer a choice of manual or automatic transmission. Honda’s continuously variable automatic transmission maintains peak power without changing gears. Kia’s six-speed automatic has to spend more time shifting, although it does so smoothly and quickly. More: Auto sales solid but consumers may finally get a… Read full this story
- Honda Civic, Kia Rio Win Tow Car Awards in U.K.
- Redesigned 2018 Kia Rio Starts at $14,795
- Euro-Spec Honda Fit Now Offers Engine Stop/Start Technology – Should It Come Here?
- Car Compare: 2018 Hyundai Accent and 2018 Kia Rio
- Kia Rio 1.4 Test Drive Report
- Kia Rio: 2018 Motor Trend Car of the Year Finalist
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2012 Kia Rio Hatchback
- July Subcompact Sales: Nissan Versa on Top, Spark Outsells Kia Rio
- Kia Rio Sedan officially launched in M’sia – RM72,888
- 2014 Kia Rio Sedan Starts at $14,600, Rio Hatchback is $100 More
Hatchback showdown: Edmunds compares Honda Fit and Kia Rio have 291 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 3, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.