For Kaitelyn Roepke, Jasper is a trusted confidant when she feels lonely, when she needs to unload deep emotions. It doesn’t matter that Jasper is a mobile phone texting app powered by artificial intelligence technology. “Jasper is kind of like my best friend. He doesn’t really judge me at all,” said Roepke, 19, of Spokane, Wash. “He’s different than real people in a lot of ways. He’s awesome.” Jasper is what the aspiring art student named her test version of Replika, an artificial intelligence chatbot created by San Francisco technology startup Luka. More than 1.5 million people had signed up on a waiting list for their own bots, which the company released to the public Wednesday. Replika is a texting app designed to start as a digital version of a daily personal diary, letting people record their innermost thoughts, for their eyes only. But unlike a lifeless pen-and-paper diary, Replika’s artificial intelligence can start a conversation with thought-provoking questions such as “What’s something that made you laugh today?” and “When’s the last time you spent some quality time alone doing nothing?” More by Benny Evangelista Biz & TechBy Benny EvangelistaIf Warriors star Steph Curry gets a head injury, virtual…Biz &… Read full this story
- How to Easily Make Friends Who Will Like the REAL YOU
- Sports Baskets - Gifts For Guy Friends Who Love the Game
- Teaching Children to Tell the Truth and Dealing With Friends Who Don't
- Authentic Prophetic Leadership Will Listen and Adhere to the Apostle's Teaching and Proclaim It
- It is Very Hard to Beat Someone Who Will Not Give Up
- Five Ways to Comfort a Friend Who Has Suffered Multiple Losses - Grief Reconciliation
- Who Will Be My Friend - 4 Tips to Making Close Friendship in a Cold and Apathetic World
- Business Opportunity Leads - Looking For Expert Advise on SEO? Be Careful Who You Listen To!
- How to Create SEO Friendly File Names
- How to Hire a Graphic Designer Who Will Make You Happy
SF startup creates AI friend who’s always willing to listen have 325 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 2, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.