European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said on Monday that negotiations on the UK’s departure from the EU have failed to reach a breakthrough amid a looming two-year deadline.”Despite our best efforts and the significant process we and our teams have made in the past days on the remaining withdrawal issues, it was not possible to reach a complete agreement today,” Juncker said during a joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May.The British premier told reporters that while there was no deal yet, she is optimistic at the chances of finalizing an accord to prevent what analysts have called a “hard Brexit,” or the U.K.’s divorce from the EU without an agreement on relations.”As President Juncker has said, we have had a constructive meeting today. Both sides have been working hard in good faith; we’ve been negotiating hard,” May told reporters. “We will reconvene before the end of the week and I am also confident that we will conclude this positively.”Juncker backed May’s statement, saying he could also see a deal on the horizon, adding that it could take place even before a summit of EU member states slated for mid-December.In June 2016, British citizens narrowly voted in favor of the U.K…. Read full this story
- Michel Barnier jets in for crunch Brexit talks: EU's chief negotiator will hold emergency meeting with British counterpart David Frost amid warnings they have only a month to strike a deal
- Defiant Theresa May will hang on in Number 10 until the AUTUMN after setting new summer deadline to finish Brexit talks
- Johnson says UK will quit Brexit talks if no deal by Oct 15
- Britain ‘won’t blink’ in crunch Brexit talks this week and UK will never become EU ‘client state’, top negotiator vows
- Theresa May Aide Says Brexit Talks Chief Frost Has 'Brass Neck' to Say Former PM 'Blinked'
- Michel Barnier 'worried and disappointed' over Brexit talks impasse
- Boris Johnson says U.K. will quit Brexit talks if no deal by October 15
- Johnson Says UK Will Quit Brexit Talks if No Deal by Oct 15
- Johnson Says U.K. Will Quit Brexit Talks If No Deal by Oct. 15
- Scottish leader: Brexit signals need to chart future path
No breakthrough in Brexit talks, says EU's Jean-Claude Juncker have 369 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 4, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.