The humble, bog-dwelling cranberry may be the most underutilized seasonal ingredient of all time. I mean no disrespect to cranberry sauce when I say this, but there’s so much more you can do with these tart little nuggets than cook them in sugar water until they collapse. Holiday food tends towards the rich, which is probably why cranberries are a traditional fixture; nothing cuts the fat like a healthy dose of acid. I’ve discussed my love for cranberry curd and all-cranberry pie before, but I never hear anyone talking about pickled cranberries and it’s a shame. Cranberries, cider vinegar, sugar, and a handful of warm spices mingle together to make a decidedly festive, sweet-tart fruit shrub, with all the uses that implies. Go for the obvious and dollop some on turkey, ham, or roast beef at the dinner table—it’s like cranberry sauce, but better—or mix with mayo to elevate the heck out of a leftovers sandwich. Blitz some up with neutral oil and spices for a delicious spiced cranberry vinaigrette, or use the syrup in a holiday pickletini (garnished with a cranberry or two in place of the traditional olive, naturally). Honestly, I’m inclined to make a batch just so… Read full this story
- I turned sandwich crusts and my 5-year-old's other food rejects into new favorites
- The Jimmy Butler sweepstakes heat up with a new favorite
- In-N-Out vs. Five Guys Burgers: America Has a New Favorite Destination
- Donald Trump's Painful Battle With His Speakerphone Is Your New Favorite Meme
- John Rich of Big & Rich is My New Favorite Snowflake
- Neiman Marcus, Indie Beauty Expo want to play matchmaker for you and your new favorite brand that you haven't even heard of yet
- New Orleans Saints-Atlanta Falcons betting 'has been quiet so far'
- New Orleans Saints vs. Washington Redskins betting: Expect a lot of points
- 4 Books on Bill Gates’ Latest Favorites List That Have Shaped His Worldview
- NFL Week 2 odds: New Orleans Saints heavy favorites despite loss
Pickled Cranberries Are Your New Favorite Condiment have 339 words, post on skillet.lifehacker.com at December 7, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.