IT’s a tradition dating back years, so it won’t come as a surprise to staff at Buckingham Palace that their bonus this year is a Christmas pudding.However, what might come as more of a shock is rather than being from Harrods or somewhere similarly luxurious, the batch this year has been bought from Tesco.According to the royal family’s official website, every single member of staff will take home the festive favourite.And that means a bulk buy of puds – around 1,500 to be more precise.So in efforts to keep costs low, rather than opt for posh puds, the Queen selected Tesco as her supplier of choice.In previous years Fortnum and Mason has provided the posh puds but this time round the Royal household have gone for something altogether more affordable.The Tesco Finest pudding rings in at just £8 and if it’s good enough for the Queen, then it’s good enough for us.The pudding is always accompanied with a Christmas card from the Queen and Prince Phillip with a thank you for each staff member’s service.Long-serving workers also receive personally gifted vouchers as a Christmas bonus to thank them for their continued hard graft.These are handed out in a Christmas ceremony with senior… Read full this story
- Best supermarket Valentine’s Day meal deals including M&S, Sainsbury’s and Tesco
- Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose and Co-op share new delivery rules
- Boris Johnson's 10-year plan: PM vows to 'take Britain forward' as he unveils Queen's Speech to enshrine £34bn NHS funding bonanza in law, boost police powers and tighten borders
- Film the Queen never wanted you to see: Palace fury at BBC after fly-on-wall royal doc banned by Her Majesty in 1972 for 'cheapening her family' is leaked on YouTube - and includes moment she referred to US ambassador as 'a gorilla'
- How to earn free vouchers for Amazon, M&S, Tesco and Argos
- Tesco profits tumble by more than half
- Sex assault survivor shocked to find her attacker working the tills in Tesco
- Royal documentary banned 50 years ago leaked - showing Queen doing food shop
- Thief leaves children 'gutted' after stealing family's Christmas reindeer lights
- I’m spending £10k on my two children this Christmas including a car – they’re good kids & they deserve it
The Queen buys thousands of these Christmas puds from Tesco… and you can get one for £8 have 378 words, post on www.thesun.ie at December 16, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.