Goal Updated at 12:51 a.m. ET Updated at 12:51 a.m. ET Didier Drogba has announced his retirement from professional football. The former Marseille, Chelsea and Galatasaray forward will mark the end of a glittering career once current club Phoenix Rising’s season is complete. He told Telefoot: “It’s really a pleasure for me to play. I started late at the top level. I really enjoy playing. I like my role of owner-player a lot. I’m surrounded by a lot of youngsters, and I like passing my know-how on to them. But this season is the last. I’m 40, it’s time now.” Goal takes a look at the two-time African Player of the Year and some of his finest moments in the game. Drogba’s net worth Drogba is estimated to be worth around $90 million and has worked with some of the world’s largest brands in Samsung, Pepsi, Adidas, Nike and Konami. Previous clubs As a child, Drogba split his time between his parents in the Ivory Coast and with his uncle, former professional football player Michel Goba, in France. As such, Drogba played his football for a number of youth teams, including US Tourcoing FC, SC Abbeville, Levallois SC, and Vannes Olympique Club, before breaking into the first team at… Read full this story
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth soars overnight to a lofty $47 billion
- This Is Ajit Pai, Nemesis of Net Neutrality
- My journey to the real 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' temple
- Comments for : Verizon's holiday deals worth dialing up?
- 5 things you need to know about Jeff Bezos buying The Washington Post
- Trump breaks silence on Stormy Daniels, says he doesn't know where the money came from to silence porn star
- Digital Blend: Dawnguard PS3 delays, Star Wars MMO embraces free-to-play, Rise of the Triad returns!
- 50 influencers Windows users and Microsoft fans need to watch
- Whisper From the First Stars Sets Off Loud Dark Matter Debate
- OnePlus 3 vs. OnePlus 3T: Is the new phone worth the price bump?
Didier Drogba's net worth, wife and everything you need to know about the former Chelsea star have 327 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at March 12, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.