Theresa May today said she will unveil a massive shake-up of NHS funding THIS YEAR after she faced massive pressure to solve the cash crisis in the health service. The Prime Minister told MPs she will present a “multi-year funding settlement” for hospitals – BEFORE a Whitehall-wide spending review reports back next year. Admitting the health service needed help, she said: “I would suggest we can’t afford to wait until next Easter. “I think in this, the 70th anniversary year of the NHS’s foundation, we need an answer on this.” The announcement, welcomed by NHS England, signals funding will shift away from annual budgets and onto long-term planning in a major change. But Mrs May wouldn’t directly confirm if it’ll actually mean extra cash for the NHS – instead claiming she had already committed more money to struggling hospitals. “We can’t afford to wait until next Easter,” Theresa May told MPs ( Image: ParliamentLive) Asked if more money was going to be put into the service, she replied: “What I want to do is develop a long-term plan for the NHS and then ensure that that is properly resourced. “By definition we have already committed to putting more money into… Read full this story
- Increase in NI hospital waiting list times
- Is Boris adrift? Two years in, the Prime Minister faces defining policy decisions and calls for a shake-up
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - McConnell plays 'long game' on government funding, reconciliation
- Business expansion amid a crisis: Yay or nay?
- Boris Johnson is forced to put off announcing social care reforms until AUTUMN - after he could not agree with leading ministers
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 19
- Concern grows over plans for vaccine passports
- Brexit latest: Joe Biden's furious warning to UK as 'Frost tears up EU deal'
- Fed makes progress towards normalising policy
- Why Britain Failed Its Coronavirus Test
'We can't afford to wait!' Theresa May unveils massive shake-up of NHS funding in bid to solve cash crisis have 308 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 27, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.