PUBLISHED: 09:00 05 April 2018 Mike Brooke Clocktower housing complex at St Clement’s in Mile End… the first Linden Homes go on the market. Picture source: Linden Homes Linden Homes New flats have gone on the property market in a converted clock-tower building of a former Victorian workhouse in Mile End as part of a mixed development that also includes Britain’s first urban land trust scheme. Clocktower at St Clement’s before work started on housing scheme at Mile End. Picture: Joe Lord The Grade II-listed Clocktower at the old St Clement’s Hospital site in the Mile End Road is a major feature of the block of 38 apartments in a traditional style and structure which went on show at the weekend. The flats have been fitted out by Linden Homes, one of the partners with East London Community Land Trust and the Peabody Housing Trust which took over the six-acre hospital site when it was released by the Mayor of London six years ago. The apartments are on private sale, by contrast to homes being offered to families by the land trust at a third the market rate on binding ‘sell back’ contracts which retain the land in perpetuity for… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: Pandemic delivers record blow to retail sales
- Private schools’ land targeted for families without gardens
- We stopped having sex like Orlando Bloom and ended up achieving our dreams
- Gentrification X: how an academic argument became the people's protest
- Metroland, 100 years on: what's become of England’s original vision of suburbia?
- Going off the rails: The Edinburgh trams saga
- Priti Patel FINALLY surfaces in radio interview to slap down overzealous police after they threaten to check people's shopping for 'non-essential' items and set up roadblocks to ensure motorists only make legitimate trips during coronavirus lockdown
- Proud family praise hero NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life and reveal she is back at work already after keeping 48-hour vigil by the prime minister's ICU bedside as he battled coronavirus
- Nurse, 65, who warned about lack of PPE and a 'much loved' hospital worker die from coronavirus as total number of NHS staff falling victim to Covid-19 hits at least 35
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area remote streams boost ‘attendance’ for Easter services
‘Clocktower’ flats go on sale at St Clement’s site in Mile End next to East London Land Trust scheme have 369 words, post on www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.