Chinese Communist Party leader traveled to the South China Sea on Thursday to preside over what state media are calling “the country’s largest ever maritime military parade,” a series of exercises meant to intimidate rival powers in a region where Beijing has illegally colonized foreign territory. The Chinese state newspaper Global Times reports that Xi was on hand to inspire the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) with an address on why naval power is more important than ever, as well as to inspect the country’s new naval assets. The parade featured a display of China’s Liaoning, the nation’s only aircraft carrier, which made its debut at a military display.Along with the Liaoning, China paraded “forty-eight warships, 76 aircraft and more than 10,000 sailors and soldiers,” the Times noted. Experts commenting to the Global Times emphasized that the display was not for show and that China was preparing for war.“China’s upgraded navy signifies the PLA is not afraid of war and is capable of winning any battle,” military expert Song Zhongping said. “The Thursday parade could also serve as a deterrence to maritime hegemony, making adversaries think twice before attempting to harm China’s core national interests.” Another naval expert identified as Li Jie told the newspaper that “holding the parade… Read full this story
- China flanks Taiwan with military exercises in air and sea
- China expands naval threat to Indian Ocean with new aircraft carrier base – WW3 warning
- Xinhua Headlines-Xi Focus: Xi leads China's open economy as consumer expo opens
- South China Sea: Duterte slams Pacquiao in fiery policy debate on waters 'Study first!'
- Australia official warns 'drums of war are beating' amid rocketing China tensions
- Beijing has a navy it doesn't even admit exists, experts say. And it's swarming parts of the South China Sea
- Australian warships challenged by Chinese military in South China Sea
- South China Sea conflict heats up as allies join hands to tackle Beijing's 'maritime empire'
- South China Sea: Beijing slams US and Australia's naval drills in disputed waters
- Ursula von der Leyen at risk from China as EU has 'no clear analysis' on Beijing
Xi Hosts China’s Largest Naval Parade Ever in ‘Potential Combat Zone’ South China Sea have 347 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.