Rabat- On the first Friday of Ramadan, King Mohammed VI inaugurated the “Lalla Latifa” mosque in Sale, performed the Friday prayer at the new mosque, and will preside over the inaugural religious lecture of the holy month. Named after the King’s mother, King Hassan II’s widow Princess Lalla Latifa, the mosque has a surface area of 1,200 square meters with a capacity to house over 1,800 worshipers, reported the state-owned news, Maghreb Arab Press (MAP). The new mosque in Hay Essalam, Sale, consists of a Qur’anic school, two prayer halls, and accommodations for the imam and muezzin (the reciter of the call to prayer). The mosque’s design is a combination of traditional architecture with a modern touch. Today’s inauguration comes in line with the state policy to build mosques across the country. Tonight, King Mohammed VI is to chair the first religious lecture of Ramadan, given by Minister of Endowments and Islamic Affairs, Ahmed Toufiq, themed “The Rights of the Spirit and its Dimensions,” with relevance to Qur’anic Surah 91 (The Sun) verses 7-10. The lecture will be aired on Friday at 7 PM on Moroccan TV channels and Radio stations.
- My experience travelling to Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, one of the most contested places on earth
- Inside Finsbury Park Mosque's Transformation From Extremist Hot Spot to Anti-Radicalization Beacon
- Chinese movie wins prize in Marrakech int'l film festival
- How the Finsbury Park Attack Plays into ISIS's Hands
- FBI hunt for missing Saudi servicemen as it's revealed Pensacola Naval base killer hosted dinner party to watch mass shooting videos and visited New York to see Rockefeller Christmas tree lights turned on just two days before
- Hindu Mahasabha to file review petition against Ayodhya verdict
- BOKO HARAM: North taking advantage of Jonathan’s weakness – Pastor Kure
- Saudi gunman who killed 11 people at Pensacola Naval station had tweeted against US before shooting
- Emirati ruler’s fashion designer son, 39, died in his luxury Knightsbridge apartment after bingeing on cocaine and sex drug GHB, inquest hears
First Friday of Ramadan: King Mohammed VI Inaugurates Mosque ‘Lalla Latifa’ have 325 words, post on www.moroccoworldnews.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.