My kids are obsessed with Lego. But they might be obsessed with Lego programming pretty soon.Lego’s had Mindstorms robots for years, but dipped into the more accessible Lego Boost last summer, using regular Lego bricks with programmable robotic elements. The little kit was a blast, and in many ways presaged what Nintendo launched this year with its Labo kits.Expect a lot more programmable Lego kits on shelves later this year, through a new “Powered Up” line of smart toys starting this summer. 39 Lego Boost is your robot coding superkit The various kits announced today all seem to all do different things under the umbrella of “connected play” across Lego Batman, Lego City, Ninjago, and Duplo kits (the Duplo is targeted at kids “as young as 2”).A Lego Batman App-Controlled Batmobile, coming August 1 for $100 (roughly converting to £75 and AU$130), is a customizable RC car that pairs with phones or tablets, much like Sphero’s robots.A Lego City Passenger Train and Lego City Cargo Train add “remote control functionality to classic Lego building,” according to Lego’s news release.Two Duplo sets, also a Steam Train and Cargo Train, promise earlier-age things to do with lower-tech elements, perhaps as an onboarding… Read full this story
- LEGO deals: Best offers and discounts as Black Friday LEGO sale continues
- Either consumer or taxpayer has to pay for power: Minister R K Singh
- LEGO's first interactive Super Mario set launches on Aug 1
- Retailers Build Innovations And Customers Will Come
- The 20 most expensive toys on eBay
- Lego Bowser's Castle Gets Big Discount At Amazon
- 12 Best sex toys for beginners 2021: from bondage to butt plugs, the ultimate sex toy start kit
- Bars, rebar and builders - Inside Waikeria prison's $750m build
- Best coding toys for kids 2021
- Best deals for August 7 - Lego Empire State Building, Yale HomeKit Lock, and more!
Lego Powered Up line of programmable toys builds on Boost have 301 words, post on www.cnet.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.