Japan passed a milestone as more people accessed the internet from smartphones than personal computers last year, a government survey showed Friday.According to a survey by the Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry that allowed multiple responses, 54.2 percent of the respondents went online via smartphone, 48.7 percent via PCs and 18.7 percent via tablet computers.By age group, 87.8 percent of those in their 20s preferred internet access via smartphone, versus 37.2 percent of those in their 60s.Among people 60 or older, more used PCs than smartphones to access the internet.The diffusion rate for smartphones came to 75.1 percent of households last year, outnumbering the 72.5 percent rate for PCs for the first time as well.The survey, however, also showed that 68.3 percent had anxieties about using the internet, including the risk that their private information and browsing history might be leaked or that they might get hit by a computer virus.Among corporate users, 56.9 percent used a cloud service to store or share data. It was also the first time a majority of companies in Japan said they had used such a service.The annual survey was conducted by mail from November to December on about 40,000 households and some 7,000… Read full this story
- Best endpoint protection software of 2020: Free and paid business internet security tools and services
- OTT: Free, high-quality content bridging accessibility gaps in the Hindi- speaking belt
- The Best Smartphone Microphones for Musicians, Vloggers and Podcasters
- The best media players for PC and MacOS
- The Coronavirus pandemic has had a strong influence on the way we use the Internet
- Carlos Ghosn: Turkey charges seven over escape from Japan
- Victoria Crone: Speed of change leaves no time for a breather
- Scorpio rising: Microsoft's plans for Xbox One and the future of video games
- Going To Court Without A Lawyer Was Always Hard. The Pandemic Has Made It Much Harder.
- SeekMed is helping the global patient community take better control of their medical decisions during COVID-19 pandemic
Smartphones now the preferred choice for internet access in Japan, surpassing PCs for first time have 315 words, post on www.japantimes.co.jp at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.