David L Craddock has almost completed the second part of his trilogy documentaing the formation of Blizzard Entertainment and the studio’s biggest games. Stay Awhile and Listen: Book II covers the creation of StarCraft and Diablo II, detailing the crunch and challenge of starting a new series in a saturated genre, and building a sequel worthy of the original game’s fame. Craddock has allowed us to publish a chapter of his book here on PCGamesN. Chapter 7: Hubris or Fear focusses on the 14 months of crunch the StarCraft team put themselves through in creating their classic RTS game. Members of the StarCraft team tell him how the work brought them closer together, while putting significant strain on their health and their relationships outside of work. StarCraft isn’t on our list of the best strategy games on PC, but its sequel certainly is. Craddock has almost completed the book and is funding the final stages through a Kickstarter campaign. To read more about Stay Awhile and Listen: Book II and support the project head over the book’s Kickstarter Page. This chapter was prepared for us to publish but may change between now and publication. Also, we’ve emphasised the next with… Read full this story
- This week's top news stories: April 14, 2019
- Here Are the 10 Most Frightening Stories You Will Ever Hear
- The day the credit crunch began, 10 years on: 'the world changed'
- Credit crunch, 10 years on: fate of RBS shows global crisis is not over
- My 'Project Mongoose' Chevrolet Corvair Gets Its Engine And A Good Story
- 14 times Facebook has tried to be Snapchat
- Two Stanislaw Burzynski's "success stories"
- What are you reading in July? Here are 3 stories you can read online
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Why We Must Focus on Black Girls and Child Sexual Abuse
- Facebook Introduces Ads in Stories After Reaching 150M Daily Viewers
The intimidating story of StarCraft's 14-month crunch have 303 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.