(ABC News) – The president’s daughter and senior adviser, Ivanka Trump, openly opposed her father’s rhetoric and policy Thursday, saying that the media is “not … the enemy of the people” and that she is “vehemently against” family separation at the U.S.-Mexico border.During a panel with Axios’ Mike Allen and Jonathan Swan, Allen asked Trump if she believes that the press is the “enemy of the people.”“No, I do not,” she responded. “I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people.”Ivanka noted that her comment reflects her “personal perspective.”She explained that she has “some sensitivity” on the topic because she has been the subject of incorrect or unfair press coverage.Related Content: Official says agency warned family separation bad for kids“I’ve certainly received my fair share of reporting on me personally that I know not to be fully accurate,” Trump told the hosts. “So I’ve … had some sensitivity around why people have concerns and gripe, especially when they sort of feel targeted.”Her remarks came just days after President Trump tweeted about the “vast amounts of Fake News being put out by the media” and used the phrase “‘Enemy of the People.’”Ivanka Trump also agreed with Allen’s suggestion… Read full this story
- Putting her most stylish foot forward! Ivanka Trump channels Grace Kelly with a chic new 'do as she and Jared travel to Texas with her dad for the opening of a Louis Vuitton workshop
- Ivanka Trump outrage: First Daughter causes fury after posting controversial tweet
- Ivanka Trump humiliated: First Daughter's failed businesses and their scandals revealed
- Hogan Gidley: Trump did not pressure grieving family to meet with wife of US diplomat
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Hunter Biden, Smears Lara Trump: ‘Heartless Imbecile with Lip Injections’
- Charlie Kirk: Media Cover-up for Hunter Biden Must Be Opposed
- Gordon Sondland wasn't always a Trump supporter
- On day 1,000 of Trump's presidency, Pelosi says 'we have to pray for his health'
- Donald Trump Jr. blasts Hunter Biden for riding his father's political coattails as early as the 1990s and claims his entire career has been 'dependent' on the former vice president
- People Search Engines
Ivanka Trump: Media not enemy of people, 'vehemently against' family separation have 357 words, post on www.wtnh.com at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.