Home HomeNewsEducationHealthTechManufacturing & LogisticsLife SciencesAg INnovationINPower INnovatorsBigWigs & New GigsVideoPurchase Gerry DickGerry’s ViewSpeaking Engagement RequestSubscribeNewslettersPODCASTAppRSSOn-AirTV & Radio Listings ContactAbout IIBMeet the TeamContact UsIntern with IIBFlagship Stations Social Security Benefits For Your Spouse Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 9:46 AM EDTUpdated: Monday, August 20, 2018 9:46 AM EDTBy Meredith Carbrey, Senior Wealth Advisor, Bedel Financial Consulting When should you begin Social Security benefits? That depends! If you are married, determining when to start receiving Social Security benefits becomes more complicated. Social Security benefits for spouses are not cut-and-dried. Benefits for a divorced spouse, Social Security survivor benefits, and working or non-working spouses are regulated by a different set of rules.While everyone wants to maximize the amount received, doing so will require thinking through multiple options. To help understand the basics, let’s review various scenarios featuring Walter and Susan.Non-working SpouseOnce you retire and begin receiving Social Security benefits, your non-working spouse can begin to receive benefits if he/she is age 62 or older and you’ve been married for at least one year. At age 62, your spouse is eligible for 35 percent of your benefit. If your spouse is full retirement age (FRA) or older when making the claim, that amount increases… Read full this story
- RUSSELL GLOOR: Ask Rusty — Why won’t Social Security give me my widow’s benefit?
- Benefits should rise to help millions struggling due to coronavirus, MPs say
- Blacks, Hispanics less likely to receive stimulus checks quickly: study
- Joint Biden-Sanders task forces unveil progressive platform after months of negotiations
- Deposit Rs 7 a day in this scheme, get monthly pension of Rs 5,000 – Check details here
- Sally Pipes: Biden a moderate? Sanders, AOC plans for candidate suggest this instead
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 9, what’s in store for Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Aries and other zodiac signs
- Betsy DeVos’ Holy War
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 19, what’s in store for Aries, Leo, Virgo, Capricorn and other zodiac signs
- The business of voluntourism: do western do-gooders actually do harm?
Social Security Benefits For Your Spouse have 318 words, post on www.insideindianabusiness.com at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.