The creative community EyeEm has announced the 100 finalists for its annual photography competition, which received over 700,000 submissions from more than 100,000 photographers in over 150 countries — making it the world’s largest photography competition. This year’s EyeEm Awards jury have selected the top 10 images from each of nine categories and shortlisted 10 entrants for Photographer of the Year. These will be exhibited at the inaugural Berlin Photo Week October 10-14, where the winners will also be announced. The EyeEm Awards were open for submissions from June 7 to July 31, and were free to photographers of all skill levels and backgrounds to submit through the EyeEm web platform and app. The Photographer of the Year will receive a trip to Berlin for Photo Week, plus a Sony Alpha camera and mentorship throughout the year by senior photo editors. All winners will get featured, exhibited and published on a global scale. The contest’s nine categories were: The Architect, which received more than 95,000 submissions; The Great Outdoors, over 229,000; The Photojournalist, over 53,000; The Portraitist, over 77,000; The Street Photographer, more than 87,000; The Creative, more than 42,000; The Traveler, over 116,000; Still Life, more than 67,000; and… Read full this story
- Bafta Film Awards 2018: Stars Join Forces With Activists On Red carpet
- Miss World Philippines names top 10 finalists in top model competition
- 2022 NHL Awards: PHT’s ballots for the remaining major trophies
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Italy Fail to Qualify Again; Portugal, Wales And Sweden Enter Play-off Finals
- UAE 1 Australia 2 LIVE REACTION: Hrustic’ late strike EDGES Socceroos closer to World Cup qualifying dream – updates
- World's biggest red-light district has 12,000 prostitutes and multi-storey brothels
- What Should Win at the 2022 Tony Awards?
- 'Am I crazy or is this insane': Singaporean photographer slams artist who 'rips off' her work for competition and wins $2,000
- Pop stars who turned to soap acting – from TWO members of Blue to X Factor finalist’s dramatic Hollyoaks transformation
- LVMH Innovation Award 2022 Finalist DressX Wants To Be The Google Cloud Of Digital Fashion
EyeEm Awards 2018: World's Biggest Photography Competition Reveals Finalists have 316 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.