Martin Kehoe Jr (33) died in a tragic accident when he stayed behind to look after the family farm in Foulksmills, Co Wexford and be close to his newborn son. The dad-of-three was emptying a feed tank when he was overcome by fumes and died on September 19, 2017. His older brother, Willie John Kehoe, was manning the Kehoe Farming stand at the show at Screggan, outside Tullamore when he received the devastating news. “The first day of the Ploughing last year is a day that has changed our family’s lives forever. It devastated our family and everyone who worked on the farm,” he said. The Kehoes have been synonymous with the Ploughing Championships ever since Willie John and Martin’s grandfather William Kehoe won the Irish senior title in 1941. His son Martin Kehoe Snr claimed the World Ploughing Championship title three times in the 1990s. Both Willie John and Martin Jnr won national titles. Willie John explained: “We will be going. We usually have a stand but I don’t think we’ll be up for it this year. “The Ploughing has always been part of our lives. We have to keep going and keep Martin’s memory alive. “It’ll be a… Read full this story
- Archbishop Eamon Martin: The family is where we are first loved
- De Lille attendance at Winnie memorial is between her and EFF leadership
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Stephen Lawrence memorial event hours after Kate Middleton gave birth to new royal baby
- Family colour dash in memory of dad John
- Dead girl’s family crashes media event after Vietnamese man cleared of murder
- Top 10 Reasons Why Your Christian Event Sucks!
- Cool FM DJ Melissa Riddell talks growing up on the family farm and going out with Mr NI
- Family of Alfie Evans left ‘shattered’ by death
- Nigeria: Why I Didn't Attend Nigerian Investment Forum in Washington
- Horses At War: Beamish Museum to host popular event
Farmer's family attend ploughing event in memory of late loved one have 314 words, post on www.independent.ie at September 17, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.