Now that the flood waters have receded, the real work begins for the people of Kerala. People are slowly going back to their homes and assessing the damage to their property, vehicles and belongings after the Kerala floods. As the days pass on, the extent of the damage is expected to rise. The insurance regulator has asked insurers to streamline the claims process to mitigate the hardships of the affected insured population of the state. However, to get insurance claims settled, it is imperative that you inform the insurer as soon as possible. Inform the insurerThe most important thing to be aware of in the claims filing process is to immediately intimate the insurer in writing or on their toll free number. Avoid any kind of delay due to lack of original papers and so on. Reach out to the insurance company directly or through your agent and file the application or give it in writing with an acknowledgement copy. One may even call the insurer on their helpline number and register the claim and get the registration number. “If your insurance papers go missing, then the first thing to do is call the toll-free number of the insurance company… Read full this story
- 517,000 'at risk homes uninsurable'
- ‘Trust key to growth of insurance business’
- 9 of the cheapest cars to insure in 2017/2018
- If your home has been flooded or damaged by Storm Eleanor can you claim compensation from your insurer?
- Conal Gregory: Cost of claims rising as insurers paying out over £7.5m every day
- Police 'entitled to claim,' says PSNI after burglary victim receives compensation letter
- Don't let the cold snap cost you – how to ensure your home and car stay safe
- Driving home for Christmas? Expert tips to prepare your car for a long journey in cold weather
- £1.5bn insurance bill after floods
- Has Storm Doris hit your home? Here’s how to claim on your insurance if your property is damaged
Kerala floods: How to file life, motor and home insurance claims have 320 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.