As Halloween creeps closer, you’re probably thinking of what you can do to give yourselves a good fright. Sure, you can pick out an old-fashioned horror film or game, but if you want to take it to another dimension, virtual reality is the way forward.While a home set-up can have its thrills and chills – such as the on-rails ghost ride of Until Dawn: Rush of Blood on Playstation VR – there are limits to just how immersed you can get before an annoying cable or long loading screen breaks the illusion.This is where Hyper-Reality comes in. Billed as the UK’s first VR haunted house, the pop-up venture opens this week in Shoreditch, London and uses the latest cutting edge technology to offer a number of creepy curated experiences.Explore and surviveThere are four in total split into two categories: two free-roaming haunted houses and two more of the arcade survival shoot-em-up variety. Visitors can even book one of each for the same evening for £20 (for a 40 minute slot). That’s a pretty good deal for experiencing room-scale VR when high-end blockbuster fare like The Void’s Star Wars experience can cost over £30 a pop.Hyper-Reality’s founder, Yu-Jen Chen, believes this… Read full this story
- What Are You Doing This Halloween?
- Tricks and Treats for a Happy Halloween
- Halloween - Evil Ritual or Good Clean Fun?
- Why Do We Celebrate Halloween - The Spookiest Holiday Of The Year
- Halloween Party Fun
- Cartoons, Fairy Tales and Tales of the Paranormal - The Depiction of the Telekinetic in Pop Culture
- Whom Shall I Fear?
- Hoo Hoo - Owls and Superstitions, That's Who
- Clash City Rockers
- Before the Malls Came: Showmanship for Small-town Movie Theatres
Hyper-Reality: the UK’s first VR haunted house pops up for Halloween have 279 words, post on www.techradar.com at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.