Washington (CNN Business)When Jeff Bezos came to Washington in September to talk to the Economic Club, a well-heeled audience of 1,500 of the capital’s movers and shakers, he called out only a few people by name: his parents, Jackie and Mike, and one Amazon executive, Teresa Carlson. “Teresa’s here. Where are you Teresa?” Bezos said, looking out into the crowd for Carlson, the company’s head of cloud services for the public sector. “Everybody in Washington knows Teresa.” He might be right. For people in government, Carlson is the face of Amazon Web Services. The cloud hosting business has turned into a revenue juggernaut for Amazon since its founding 14 years ago, earning $6.68 billion in the third quarter. AWS, as it’s known, claims a third of the worldwide cloud market — but its biggest growth opportunity right now may come from the US government. The Seattle-based tech giant, which announced on Tuesday that it will plant a new headquarters a mile south of the Pentagon, already holds a number of contracts with federal agencies. It’s in line for another $10 billion if it succeeds in its bid for a massive Defense Department contract known as JEDI, or Joint Enterprise Defense… Read full this story
- Attracting and Keeping Customers One Call at a Time
- Kohl's Says Processing Amazon Returns Is Its 'Single Biggest Initiative' in 2019
- Electric vehicle startup Rivian gets a jolt from big Amazon.com van order
- Amazon Plans to Open a Liquor Store Because Sure, Why Not
- Amazon Reportedly Changed Its Algorithm to Favor Most Profitable Products, Including Its Own
- Amazon’s Fire TV gets its users to binge watch as it continues to add content
- Amazon delivery driver arrested for stealing packages
- Small Business Customer Service - Is it Enough to Meet Customer Needs?
- What Would a Customer Service Professional Do? They Know the Rules and How to Play the Game!
- Salem's Biggest Issue, According To City Council Candidates
Amazon's biggest customer may soon be the US government have 316 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.