19 people murdered in Northern Ireland, up 20% since 2017 BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Nineteen people were murdered in Northern Ireland this year, according to provisional PSNI figures. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/19-people-murdered-in-northern-ireland-up-20-since-2017-37659244.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37660525.ece/81a9e/AUTOCROP/h342/victims.jpg Email Nineteen people were murdered in Northern Ireland this year, according to provisional PSNI figures. This is four more than were killed in 2017. The victims included a family of four who died in a house fire in the Fermanagh countryside in February. Five of the reported murders took place within the last two-and-a-half months. According to police, some cases classified as murder can later change to charges of manslaughter, while others thought to be suspicious may change after extensive enquiries and post-mortem examinations. According to the provisional list, the first murder victim of 2018 was Mark Ponisi, who died on January 20 in east Belfast. The father-of-two (53) was killed in a flat off the Ravenhill Road. On January 28 retired maths teacher Robert Flowerday (64) was found dead at his home on Mill Road in Crumlin. The following month, on February 13, Raymond Johnston (28) was shot in front of his partner and her 11-year-old daughter while at home in Glenbawn Avenue, west Belfast. Police believe he was killed by dissident… Read full this story
- Syrian refugees: Highest proportion resettled in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland's nurses set for December strike
- Northern Ireland house prices rise by 4%
- Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to visit Northern Ireland
- Average Northern Ireland house price rises by £3,000
- EURO 2020 qualifying: Germany hand Northern Ireland first defeat
- Abortion referendum likely to put pressure on Northern Ireland politicians
- UK leader May seeks to ease Brexit fears in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Police Detain 4 Suspects Over Journalist McKee's Murder
- Why aren’t we up in arms about abortion still being illegal in Northern Ireland?
19 people murdered in Northern Ireland, up 20% since 2017 have 301 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 27, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.