World Donald Trump Russia’s top diplomat has warned that the United States appeared poised to pull out of a crucial nuclear weapons treaty, threatening to spark a new arms race between the world’s top two military powers. Following an Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe meeting in Milan, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Friday that Moscow has repeatedly reached out to Washington over offers to negotiate an extension of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), to no avail. The deal, which restricts both countries’ strategic arsenals to 1,550 nuclear warheads on 700 deployed nuclear missiles and delivery vehicles, expires in 2021 and was signed in 2010 as a renewal to an earlier, historic agreement between the U.S. and the Soviet Union in the final days of the Cold War in 1991. Relations between the two countries have once again deteriorated to a point reminiscent of that decades-long power struggle, however, and President Donald Trump has already voiced his intention to leave another key deal, the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty. With the fate of New START in question, Lavrov said that U.S. officials “appeared to be preparing the grounds to destroy this document as well” and have refused diplomatic… Read full this story
- Report: Schiff’s Latest Star Impeachment Witness Provided More False Testimony Regarding Key White House Official
- John McAfee: We Are 20 Years Behind China and Russia
- OPINION Dilbert vs. Trump: Why False Facts Have Power
- OPINION What Trump Should Do With Air Force One
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Review – Feels Like the Wing Commander VI We Never Had
- Islamic State attacks show group is intent on killing Afghan peace hopes
- OPINION Election 2016: Either Way, More Drama
- Did you lose any friends or disown family members in the past year because of politics and/or who they said they voted for?
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Bot Armies Boost Candidates' Popularity on Twitter
- Desperate Quest for Herpes Cure Launched 'Rogue' Trial
Nuclear Arms Race? Russia Says U.S. May End Key Treaty Because Donald Trump Will Not Talk Like An 'Adult' have 315 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.