Good morning and welcome to the Business Breakfast live blog for Wednesday, January 16. I’m Jonathon Manning and I’m running the blog this morning. The business team’s live blog brings you all the breaking news from across the North East, the UK and beyond – basically anything and everything from the world of business. Business leaders and trade unions have called for urgent action after the Government’s Brexit deal was voted down in the House of Commons yesterday. Business groups have raised their voices calling for an end to the confusion surrounding Brexit, but many are calling for different actions. Some claim are calling for MPs to vote through a new deal quickly to avoid a No Deal Brexit, while others believe that a general election should be called to try and elect new leaders. Jeremy Corbyn has called a vote of no confidence in the Government, with the vote scheduled for later today. If you’d like to contribute, tweet at @jnlbusiness to share your opinions, drop me a line at [email protected] or tweet me at @JonnyAManning. Also, we’ve launched a ChronicleLive business group on Facebook so you can get the latest on city centre closures and openings, and other… Read full this story
- Brexit latest news: Eurosceptic peers warn MPs of violent uprising if they refuse to honour referendum
- Brexit reaction: May and Cox have merely 'sowed an apron of fig leaves' over UK's Brexit 'indignity', says Boris Johnson
- POLITICO London Playbook: How Britain lost the Brexit battle — Open up, begin again — DUP sh*t creek
- Eurosceptic peers warn MPs of violent uprising if they refuse to honour referendum
- POLITICO London Playbook: Ollie’s at the wheel — Siemens exclusive — 6 million steps
- POLITICO London Playbook: Panic stations — Labour going soft? — Cox in the box
Business Breakfast LIVE: Business leaders call for urgent action after Brexit defeat have 296 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.