After pulling out all the stops at CES last year, Google was expected to go even bigger this year.And to no one’s surprise, that’s what Google did. The search giant built a massive booth to showcase its Google Assistant software, set up an interactive ride for guests, and plastered the words “Hey Google” everywhere, from the Las Vegas Convention Center to the city’s monorail. CES, the world’s largest technology conference, is more important to Google than ever as it pushes devices to consumers that compete against the likes of Amazon, Apple and Samsung. At the center of Google’s strategy is the Assistant, an AI-powered digital helper that’s akin to Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri. It’s available in Android phones, Google Home smart speakers, other smart home devices, and as an app on iPhones. Google not only made a bunch of announcements itself, but also partnered with other companies, including Samsung, Lenovo and McAfee to tout new Assistant integrations. Here’s everything Google announced at CES this year:The Assistant will be in 1 billion devices by the end of the month. That includes phones, smart speakers and household appliances.Google Assistant Interpreter mode does live translations for two people speaking different languages.Google Assistant… Read full this story
- CES 2019: Stunning new gadgets for your home
- Watch LG’s smarter, stunning W8 OLED TV with Google Assistant in action
- Galaxy S10 launch date confirmed: Feb. 20 at Samsung's Unpacked event in San Francisco
- Amazon Fire TV tops 34 million users, potentially widening its lead over Roku
- Qualcomm gets 5G commitments from major carriers and phone makers, with a few exceptions
- The Biggest Smartphone Fails of the Decade
Google at CES 2019: Everything just announced have 290 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.