“Hey, do you have a moment?” “You’re my boss. I am required to have moments for you.” “That’s not entirely true.” “I’ll remember you said that at my next performance review. What’s up?” “I have an unusual job that I need someone to make a priority, and I need it to be you.” “Okay, well, before we go any further, look over to the whiteboard on my wall. Tell me what you see.” “I see a really bad illustration of Mothra destroying San Francisco.” “You’re not wrong, and I’m offended that you think it’s really bad, but right next to that is a to-do list. With 11 action items.” “Right—” “The ones in red are the ones you want done by the end of the day. There are four of those. Because we embrace the unhealthy ‘24/7 crunch time’ ethos at this organization.” “Yes, but we give you unlimited snacks.” “Great. We’re all stressed and on a sugar high.” “Look, I stipulate that you have an unreasonable workload and that I’m about to add to it.” “Thank you.” “But on the other hand, this project comes directly from the CEO.” “I thought our idiosyncratic billionaire CEO was in Kiribati with… Read full this story
- Start your Own Pet Apparel Line
- Nutrition and Exercise Tips to Walk Away From Death
- 7 Great Tips on Driving Targeted Traffic to Your Website
- How Can I Use Web Directories To Increase My Google Rank?
- Chaos In The New World Order
- 6 Serious Article Writing Deficiencies, and 6 Ways You Can Fix Them
- Entering The Twilight Zone
- Affiliate Business Story - How I Am Slowly Learning To Make Sales From My Websites
- FREE -90% of the Secrets you Need!
How do you engineer a solution to an aging dog? have 283 words, post on www.theverge.com at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.