A blast of winter that dropped more than a foot of snow in parts of the Midwest grew more angry as it roared east on Sunday, paralyzing airports, railroads and highways in more than a dozen states. Blowing snow from wind gusts of 50 mph or more along with plummeting temperatures added to the dangerous conditions sweeping the nation’s northern tier from Missouri to Maine. The National Weather Service warned that some areas of the Northeast could see 2 feet of snow, while southern New England may see ice accumulations up to a quarter of an inch. “Feet of snow, blizzard conditions, a significant build-up of ice, tree-breaking winds and plunging temperatures will close roads, cause flight cancellations and disrupt daily activities over a large part of the northeastern United States,” AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said. President Donald Trump weighed in on Twitter, urging the millions of people dealing with the storm to be careful and try staying at home if possible. He cited the bitter cold temperatures, addin that it “wouldn’t be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!” More than 4,000 flights were canceled from Friday through Monday; more are expected. About 1,000 arrivals… Read full this story
- Denver weather: Wednesday brings another around of haze, possible storms and above-normal temperatures
- Mountain snow is one thing, but what do the records say about snow in cities?
- Back-country skiers capture descent down 50-degree Cradle Mountain slopes on camera
- UK Weather: Snow and ice moves south as wintry blast is forecast to continue over weekend
- In 1770, Earth was battered by giant solar storms that caused nearly constant aurora
- Icy Storm Barrels Across Central U.S., Leaving Millions Without Power
- South-east Queensland, NSW wake to coldest morning in years
- Which Colorado ski area is expecting the most snow from this weekend’s storm?
- How a Rare Snowfall Hit Jerusalem, Middle East
- Snow, frost, hail and rain as icy blast sweeps southern Australia
Two feet of snow, -40 degrees possible as storm roars East have 320 words, post on www.coloradoan.com at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.