US president Donald Trump is set to visit the UK in December. His visit is part of an alliance leaders summit in London which was announced by Nato’s Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Wednesday. It will be the United States leaders second visit to the UK having visited in July 2018 to meet with prime minister Theresa May and the Queen. Mr Stoltenberg said in a statement: “I am pleased to announce that Allies have agreed that the next meeting of Nato Heads of State and Government will take place in London in December 2019. “We are grateful to the United Kingdom for agreeing to host this meeting in Nato’s 70th anniversary year. London was the home of Nato’s first headquarters. The United Kingdom was one of the Alliance’s twelve founding members and continues to play a key role in the Alliance, making essential contributions to our shared security. “The meeting in London will be an opportunity for Allied Heads of State and Government to address the security challenges we face now and in the future, and to ensure that Nato continues to adapt in order to keep its population of almost one billion people safe.” The PM has also… Read full this story
- President Donald Trump warns countries not to oppose USA’s ‘STRONG’ World Cup 2026 joint bid with Mexico and Canada
- Donald Trump flies to UK for Nato summit and to meet the Queen – but WON’T have a one-on-one with Boris Johnson
- Donald Trump lands in the UK ahead of Nato summit and meeting with Boris Johnson and the Queen
- 'I'm staying out of it': Donald Trump insists he 'has no thoughts' on the election and the NHS is NOT on the table in trade talks - but backs Boris Johnson and says he's a 'fan of Brexit'
- Donald Trump says French president Emmanuel Macron's NATO comments were 'very insulting'
- Donald Trump is the man no one in Britain wants to dance with
- Jeremy Corbyn vows to confront Donald Trump at Buckingham Palace TONIGHT after the US President rubbished his NHS claims saying he would not want to seize health service if it were 'on a silver platter'
- 'Would you like some nice ISIS fighters?' Donald Trump taunts Emmanuel Macron over captured terrorists in Syria after ripping him for 'nasty' NATO comments - but French president slaps back 'let's be serious' and spars on Turkey and Russia
- Humiliation for Jeremy Corbyn as his Palace confrontation with Donald Trump over the NHS falls flat and he is kept apart from the President - who said he would NOT want the health service even 'on a silver platter'
- The Beast is back! Donald Trump's £1.2million armour-plated limousine with assault rifles hidden in the doors and tear gas grenade launchers hits the streets of the UK
US president Donald Trump is set to visit the UK in December have 460 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.