Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Europe Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper Europe | Brexit Live Updates: Theresa May’s Plan Fails in Parliament, Sowing Confusion Advertisement Supported by BREAKING ByThe New York Times March 12, 2019 • Britain’s Parliament on Tuesday soundly defeated Prime Minister Theresa May’s plan to exit the European Union, a 391 to 242 vote that is likely to delay Brexit and could derail it entirely. It is a devastating blow to Mrs. May that threatens her hold on power. • The vote left the nation with no obvious way forward, just 17 days before the deadline for leaving the European Union. Parliament is sharply divided on when, how and even whether to proceed with Brexit, and whether to call an election or a second referendum. Confusion and uncertainty deepen Parliament’s rebuke to Prime Minister Theresa May, on the issue that has dominated British politics for three years, casts the nation’s political and economic future into confusion with just 17 days left until its scheduled exit from the European Union. The vote is sure to intensify calls for her to either step down, call a general election, or both. Plenty of Conservative… Read full this story
- Brexit: Theresa May admits yet another new date we could leave the EU
- Brexit Live: Boris Johnson could suspend Parliament to FORCE through no deal Brexit
- Read Theresa May's letter to the European Council president triggering Britain's exit from the EU
- Another Cabinet minister just threatened mutiny over Theresa May's Brexit plan
- Brexit LIVE: Macron taunts Tory leader hopefuls over no deal threats - 'We're not scared!'
- Theresa May's Brexit intervention- Guy Verhofstadt warns PM to make speech DELAYING talks
- 'We can't afford to wait!' Theresa May unveils massive shake-up of NHS funding in bid to solve cash crisis
- Theresa May suffers yet another humiliating Commons defeat on Brexit
- Theresa May’s ‘impotent’ Brexit plan exposed as Phillip Hammond ‘ran rings around her’
- Theresa May asks Jeremy Corbyn to help deliver Brexit and support her policies amid Tory leadership plots
Brexit Live Updates: Theresa May’s Plan Fails in Parliament, Sowing Confusion have 335 words, post on www.nytimes.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.