What We Know So Far Fifty people were killed in shooting attacks during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. Thirty people are receiving treatment in hospitals, and nine are in a critical condition in intensive care. The ages of the dead range from 3 to 77. Two children have died. The suspected shooter, 28-year-old Australian Brenton Tarrant, appeared in court charged with murder. It is now illegal for anyone in New Zealand to view, possess or distribute the video of the Christchurch attacks in any form, including via social media platforms. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has repeatedly called on social media platforms to take more responsibility after it was revealed 1.5 million videos of the Christchurch attacks were removed from Facebook in the first 24 hours. Facebook has responded by claiming the original live broadcast was watched fewer than 200 times. “Love each other, spread love, take care of each other”: children in Christchurch have gathered together to support the Muslim community. Updates Posted at Mar. 19, 2019, at 05:06 AM Facebook claims Christchurch video watched fewer than 200 times during live broadcast Facebook’s VP and deputy general counsel Chris Sonderby has released a statement claiming the… Read full this story
- Live Cricket Score - New Zealand vs India, 1st Test - Day 3
- India vs New Zealand: Haven't changed technique but being fearless helped me enjoy game, says Pujara
- India vs New Zealand: Good series win but we are also quite realistic, says Rahul Dravid
- New Zealand terror attack: Six charged with spreading video online, each faces up to 14 years each in prison
- Read what New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern said about the Christchurch mosque attacks
- New Zealand suspect arrested after "abhorrent" threat made against Christchurch mosque ahead of terror attack anniversary
- New Zealand greets Facebook ban on white supremacists with a shrug: "Not much has changed"
- New Zealand terrorist who murdered 51 Muslims set to appeal prison sentence
- Suspected New Zealand attacker donated to Austrian far-right group, officials say
- Jammu & Kashmir: Satya Pal Malik condemns New Zealand mosque shooting
Christchurch Updates: New Zealand Has Banned Viewing And Sharing Of Mosque Attack Video have 327 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at March 14, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.