Italy’s Andrea Dovizioso won the season-opening Qatar MotoGP for the second year running on Sunday (Mar 10), holding off a desperate challenge from world champion Marc Marquez to take first place. Andrea Dovizioso celebrates winning the Qatar MotoGP. (AFP/KARIM JAAFAR) The two riders swapped positions on the final lap but it was Dovizioso, having led for much of the race on his Ducati, who secured victory by just 0.023 of a second over his Honda rival, and ensure a repeat of last year’s top two in Doha. Britain’s Cal Crutchlow, on another Honda, also made the podium, finishing third. “I don’t know, it was a strange race,” said a jubilant Dovizioso afterwards. “Overall, I am so happy.” The Italian had come into the Doha race concerned about the speed of his bike, but had been able to start in second place on the grid, following qualification. He led a group of eight riders who dominated the race but was closely followed by Marquez all the way. The Spaniard, who started third on the grid, pounced on the tenth corner of the final lap to take the lead, albeit briefly, before Dovizioso immediately took back the advantage. “It was exactly the… Read full this story
- Dovizioso verslaat Marquez na klassieke laatste ronde Grand Prix van Qatar
- Marquez wins rainy San Marino GP with pass on final lap
- MotoGP analysis: How Dovizioso won a dramatic red-flagged dance in the rain
- Marquez nipt voor Dovizioso in warm-up Grand Prix van Qatar
- Dovizioso geeft toe: "Overwinning in Qatar voelde als een verplichting"
- Marquez kan gerust slapen na mislukte aanval op Dovizioso
- Zarco had flashbacks naar Qatar 2017: “Goed om meer dan zes ronden te rijden”
- MotoGP analysis: How Rins beat Marquez with a final corner stunner at Silverstone
- Ducati 'never spoke' about Miller replacing Petrucci for 2020 season
- MotoGP analysis: How Rins registered his first victory
Dovizioso edges Marquez to win season opening Qatar MotoGP have 306 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.