President Trump has ordered federal government agencies to harden the nation’s infrastructure against potentially devastating attacks by a nuclear-bomb-produced electromagnetic pulse, or EMP. “The federal government must foster sustainable, efficient, and cost-effective approaches to improving the nation’s resilience to the effects of EMPs,” Mr. Trump stated in an executive order signed Tuesday. EMP is produced from nuclear blasts, special electronic weapons or solar storms and can damage or disrupt critical infrastructure. The order notes that a high-altitude EMP can be set off by a nuclear detonation at about 24 miles above Earth or higher. Another danger is an EMP caused by a natural sun-caused geomagnetic storm. Both can affect electronics over large geographic areas. The directive sets U.S. policy to prepare for the EMP incidents through governmentwide efforts and encouraging the private sector, which owns much of the electrical infrastructure, to adopt protective measures. The three U.S. electric grids are owned by private utilities that to date have been reluctant to spend the money on the necessary investments to shield electric transformers and other components. The order states that the federal government must provide warning of an impending EMP attack or geostorm and to protect, respond and recover from those… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Calls Global Warming A Hoax But Wants To Protect His Golf Course From Climate Change
- Moonlight Manifesto: Reflection on the Election of Donald Trump
- Donald Trump All Set To Reverse Obama’s Efforts For Climate Change
- 7 Things to Know About Megyn Kelly, the Woman Who Terrifies Donald Trump
- Donald Trump Wants Apple to Make a Phablet, Rubbish Idea?
- Donald Trump the last President of these “United” States? America may fracture and descend into civil war
- Trump orders nationwide preparation against power grid collapse initiated by cyber warfare
- Donald Trump will attempt to dismantle the EPA …is it possible?
- Vice: President Trump Is Using Impeachment to Avoid Gun Control
- During the Trump era, will men finally start acting like men again?
Inside the Ring: Donald Trump orders EMP protection have 323 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.