WHEN he was a boy Kasper Schmeichel dreamed of following in the footsteps of his legendary dad Peter — one of the world’s greatest goalkeepers. Now Schmeichel Snr says the roles have been reversed and he looks up to his son as HIS hero these days. He also prays he never has to find out if he has the raw courage to follow in Kasper’s footsteps. On October 27, Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha’s AugustaWestland AW169 helicopter crashed outside the King Power Stadium. Kasper, who captained City in the 1-1 draw with West Ham on that day, was waving off Vichai when the helicopter plunged from the night sky before erupting into a fireball. Talking about the night his son’s friend and Foxes owner died alongside four others is still an ordeal for the giant Dane who choked back tears as he revealed how his son risked his own life in a brave but futile rescue attempt.Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes outside Leicester City football ground With his voice little more than whisper, 55-year-old Schmeichel said: “You don’t run towards a burning helicopter but that’s what he did. “That speaks volumes as to my son’s personality. I still can’t believe it… Read full this story
- Nicki Minaj SLAMS the Grammys for failing to name her Best New Artist in 2012... as she says 'Kiss my ___' in a cheeky Instagram post
- Guitarist Snowy White on His Years With Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, and Thin Lizzy
- Image Comics December 2020 solicitations and covers revealed
- The 55 best shows on BBC iPlayer to watch right now
- 100-year-old WWII veteran meets President Trump
- US COVID-19 hospitalizations surpass April peak with more than 130,000 cases recorded nationwide for sixth day in a row - but fatality rate is less than 1%
- Meet the northern billionaires - and how they made their gigantic fortunes
- A heavily-armoured death trap: Moment three Armenian crew are blown up inside their tank by a Turkish-made drone in Azerbaijani battle footage - as UN announces emergency talks over Middle East's new proxy war
- Death Becomes Them: Kirsten Johnson on Her Bold New Doc ‘Dick Johnson is Dead’
- Billy Ray Cyrus celebrates daughter Noah Cyrus's Best New Artist Grammy nomination with a childhood throwback: 'You deserve it!'
Kasper Schmeichel is my hero for running to burning helicopter when Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha died, says dad Peter have 373 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.