Both the men’s and women’s golf teams look to continue their stellar seasons this weekend at the Goodwin Tournament hosted by Stanford and the ASU Invite, respectively. The women’s team is currently on a roll. The Trojans dominated the competition at the Clover Cup two weeks ago, winning the tournament by a combined 16 strokes. This performance solidified the Trojans’ position above Texas as the No. 1 team nationally. Although the competition was not as strong as it was at other tournaments, the win was still a confidence booster for the team, as it was its first win of the spring season. The team played a complete and consistent tournament. Freshman Malia Nam and sophomores Jennifer Chang and Amelia Garvey finished in the top 10 individually. Chang did not shoot above par on any day, finishing the weekend at two under par and tying for first place. The team will face much stronger opponents at the ASU Invite, many of whom are just behind USC in the rankings. Many of these teams are from the Pac-12 as well, so the event will be a solid preview of the upcoming Pac-12 tournament and could be indicative of possible outcomes further… Read full this story
- Manx women shine in Plum Tournament
- Masked thieves steal golf gear worth four-figure sum from Irvine club
- Swedish Professor Slammed for Saying Men, Women Biologically Different
- US Navy Ships Are Epicenters of Sexual Assault Against Men, Women
- Fury women give Rocks tough match in narrow defeat
- Lewes FC: The football club with same budget for men's & women's teams
- What is the golf event at 2018 European Championships, is it part of the PGA tour and who is competing?
- Tiger Woods clinches first win since return to golf after back surgery
- Scotland Women: What will World Cup qualification do?
- Sian Kelly: The Solihull student developing women's cricket in South America
Men’s, women’s golf gear up for tough tournaments have 317 words, post on dailytrojan.com at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.