House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told The Washington Post in an interview published Monday that she does not want to impeach President Donald Trump. Pelosi’s anti-impeachment stance puts her in opposition to a vocal wing of the Democratic Party that has made President Trump’s removal from office a central issue. “I’m not for impeachment. … Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” Pelosi told The Post’s Joe Helm. “And he’s just not worth it.” Why would she say that? Pelosi’s answer on impeachment shows that she understands how futile an impeachment effort would be without any concrete charges and with a Republican Senate that is likely to remain loyal to the president. It also lines up with conventional political wisdom as explained by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who warned Democrats before midterms that recklessly attacking the president with investigations or impeachment could backfire. “It worked exactly the opposite,” McConnell said in October of Republican efforts to impeach former President Bill Clinton in the 1990s. “The public got mad at us and felt sympathy for President… Read full this story
- [ICYMI] VIDEO: Nancy Pelosi rips up copy of Trump’s State of union address
- Nancy Pelosi Does Not Mention ‘President’ Once in Address to Nation on Coronavirus
- Speaker Pelosi In Boston: America ‘Cannot Withstand’ Another Term Of President Trump
- Donald Trump Endorses Nancy Pelosi Coronavirus Economic Relief Bill
- Pelosi Says She Tore Up Trump's 'Manifesto of Mistruths' as Dems Label His Speech a 'Right-Wing Reality Show'
- READ: Pelosi's 'fact sheet' on Trump impeachment
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Wants to Extend Trump’s Term by Two Years As ‘Reparations’
- Nancy Pelosi: ‘Civilization as We Know It Is at Stake’ in 2020 Election
- Trump to meet Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer this week in bid to produce long-term budget deal even though top Senate Democrat says president's 'word isn't good'
- Nancy Pelosi Once Again Bails Out a GOP President Facing a National Crisis
Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to impeach President Trump: 'he's just not worth it' have 354 words, post on www.theblaze.com at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.