The Capitals brings you the latest news from across Europe, through on-the-ground reporting by EURACTIV’s media network. > You can subscribe to The Capitals daily newsletter here. /// WARSAW Polish MEP Zdzislaw Krasnodebski from the ultra-conservative PiS party (European Conservatives and Reformists Group-ECR) has said Poland will be “one of the main battlegrounds for Europe” in the upcoming EU elections. His hope is that the new EU House will “better reflect the actual balance of power in Europe”, but estimates that the pro-EU European Coalition, formed by opposition parties, “will get huge support from the Brussels elites”. According to the second seat projections released by the European Parliament, Poland’s newly established pro-EU alliance ‘European Coalition’ leads the latest EU election polls with 37.5% of the vote while ruling party Law and Justice (PiS) sits on 36.3%. Poland’s newly established pro-EU alliance ‘European Coalition’ leads the latest EU election polls with 37.5% of the vote. Ultra-conservative ruling party Law and Justice (PiS) sits on 36.3%, according to the second seat projections released by the European Parliament. EURACTIV Poland reports. Ready for Brexit?: “Poland is one of the 3-4 countries in the EU, which are best prepared for a no-deal Brexit”, deputy foreign minister Konrad Szymanski… Read full this story
- The inside story of Labour’s election shock
- Seats that could shape Wales' general election
- Donald Trump's top Russia adviser claims Rudy Giuliani and EU ambassador Gordon Sondland pushed for Ukraine to probe the Bidens - but says he never saw or heard 'anything illegal' including in THAT phone call
- General Election 2017: Welsh Conservative manifesto at-a-glance
- The undoing of Ed Miliband – and how Labour lost the election
- Vietnam has massive potential for EU businesses: Greeke diplomat
- Spotlight: Turkey's local elections mark setback for Erdogan
- From airlines to pizza parlors, EU businesses adopt data law
- Trump says Johnson and Farage could form 'unstoppable force'
- The Guardian view on election 2019: it’s about Brexit above all
The Capitals: Poland will be EU elections' 'main battleground', MEP says have 311 words, post on www.euractiv.com at March 6, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.