Despite an overall healthy earnings report, Netflix’s stock saw a steep nosedive–falling as much as 5%. This was likely because the company provided a less-than-ideal outlook for its next quarter’s performance. The stock now seems to be recovering and is only down by a little more than 1% in after-hours trading. Here are the important numbers: Netflix’s Q1 revenue hit $4.8 billion, beating Wall Street expectations of $4.5 billion. The company saw 76¢ earning-per-share, compared to 58¢ estimates. Netflix added 9.6 million subscribers this past quarter, exceeding Wall Street expectations of 8.94 million. Even with these three big beats, the stock slightly stumbled once the numbers were released. In its letter to shareholder, Netflix said it expected to add only 5 million new subscribers next quarter. This is likely what prompted Wall Street’s tepid response. Competition is only mounting for the streaming giant. Despite being the leader in the industry, companies like Disney are setting up their own streaming services, which very likely will have an impact on Netflix’s growth. Indeed, when Disney announced the details about its upcoming Disney+ service, Netflix’s stock tumbled. While it seems the company was able to keep apace this past quarter, the company’s own… Read full this story
- VW group sales reportedly hit 10.7 million cars, beating Toyota
- Bumgarner earns first win of season as Giants beat Rockies, 5-2
- Google Earnings Report – Good News for AdSense Publishers?
- Markieff Morris, Thunder Reportedly Agree to Contract Despite Lakers' Interest
- Kelly Bryant will reportedly stay at Missouri despite postseason ban
- Agent: Kyler Murray will report to A’s despite amazing football season
- Daytona 500 2019: NASCAR reportedly not planning changes despite lackluster Speedweeks races
- Report: Toyota’s Sub-Prius Hybrid Beats Honda Insight’s Price, Gets Better MPG
- Elon Musk Rejects ‘Boring, Bonehead Questions,’ and Tesla’s Stock Slides
- Baltimore company stocks are mixed amid market turmoil in January
After earnings report, Netflix stock fell despite overall beat have 312 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.