Keith Naughton and Brandon Kochkodin Bloomberg Published 1:40 PM EDT Apr 26, 2019 Ford Motor Co.’s blowout earnings have sent the automaker’s market capitalization past Tesla Inc.’s for the first time in more than a year. Ford share surged 11 percent Friday after reporting first-quarter profit that beat estimates after the market closed Thursday. The company’s market cap climbed to $41.35 billion as of 12:45 p.m. in New York, compared with Tesla’s $40.38 billion. Ford last closed ahead of Tesla by market cap for a single day last year: April 2. Before that, the last time the company was more valuable was March 31, 2017, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
- Tesla market value crosses US$800 billion for the first time
- Tesla's stock market value tops Facebook's in huge trading
- Has VW cracked the code to overtake Tesla?
- Tesla's Musk nears US$750 million options payday ahead of results
- Biden White House and Blue Senate a 'Game Changer' for Tesla and EV Sector
- Commentary: Is the stock market’s rise driven by mania or logic?
- Tesla shareholders back paying Musk billions if stock soars
- Asian suppliers' stocks slump on Tesla's aggressive plan to make cheaper batteries
- If Tesla is the Apple of electric vehicles, Volkswagen is betting it can be Samsung
- Elon Musk changes his official job title to ‘Technoking’ of Tesla – and releases bizarre techno song
Ford passes Tesla in market value for first time in over a yearf have 215 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.