For the last 22 games of Jeopardy, James Holzhauer has dominated the game, earning nearly $1.7 million in winnings. As viewers flock to their televisions—either to watch Holzhauer or dominate another game or finally lose—Jeopardy ratings have skyrocketed, bringing them to a 14-year high. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jeopardy reached its peak during the week of April 29. The syndicated show hasn’t seen those types of numbers since March 2005. In that same week, Jeopardy averaged 13.28 million daily viewers, a same-day audience superior to most Nielsen rated primetime shows. Comparatively, that week’s Game of Thrones episode averaged 11.8 million viewers and the Big Bang Theory raked in 12.49 million viewers. Neither number includes episodes viewed through streaming platforms like HBO GO and CBS All Access, but given that both heavily viewed series are on their final season, this is quite a feat for Jeopardy. The show’s ratings will likely climb higher as Holzhauer continues to succeed. For his first two weeks of play in early April, the show’s ratings stayed within the 10.00 million viewer range. The ratings rose dramatically to 11.97 million viewers during the week of April 22. Then by the week of April 29, reached… Read full this story
- Leaked ‘Jeopardy!’ Footage May Reveal Fate Of James Holzhauer’s Winning Streak
- Is Uniting James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings, and Brad Rutter for the Ultimate Battle Royale
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champ Holzhauer a winner in TV ratings, too
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Champ James Holzhauer Continued To Chase History Tonight – Here’s What Happened
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Phenom James Holzhauer Leads 2019 Tournament Of Champions Field
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Legends James Holzhauer & Ken Jennings In Twitter Faceoff
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Earnings Record Now Less Than $60k Away For James Holzhauer
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Champ James Holzhauer Donates To Pancreatic Cancer Walk In Alex Trebek’s Name
- Jeopardy Champion James Holzhauer's 32-Game Winning Streak Ends
- 'Jeopardy!' champion Ken Jennings says head-to-head with James Holzhauer is 'inevitable'
James Holzhauer's Winning Streak Causes 'Jeopardy' Ratings To Skyrocket have 307 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.