Joe Exotic was done. For the previous two decades, 55-year-old Joe had been the heart, soul, and ubiquitous public face of a massive private zoo in Wynnewood, Oklahoma, an hour north of the Texas line. He had boasted of owning the largest tiger collection in America. His sixteen-acre park was lined with metal cages, each filled with majestic tigers, lions, bears, alligators, and even tiger-lion hybrids called tiligers. His sun-leathered visage, horseshoe mustache, and blond mullet adorned signs all over the zoo and all along I-35 between Dallas and Oklahoma City. His image covered the side of a tour bus as well as packages of condoms for sale in the zoo’s eclectic gift shop. His face had been on CNN, BBC, and CBS This Morning, and he had drawn millions of views on his YouTube channels and website, which hosted his shows, Joe Exotic TV and Joe Gone Wild. Most of Joe’s life—many of his best moments and many of his worst—could be traced back to that zoo. He had for years both worked and lived on the property. But by August 2018, his kingdom had all but turned to dust. The zoo’s new owner, a flashy exotic animal breeder named… Read full this story
- How to Attract a Killer Tigress? Try a Man’s Cologne
- A Wild Country Party in Australia Proves a Balm for Rural Loneliness
- At World’s Largest Food Market, a Sip of Wine After a Night of Butchery
- Yemen Girl Who Turned World’s Eyes to Famine Is Dead
- Man detained in mail-bomb case
- Winning Little League World Series still hasn't sunk in, Hawaii manager says
- Steve Perry Walked Away From Journey. A Promise Finally Ended His Silence.
- ‘Hold the Dark’ Explained: Jeffrey Wright Talks Character Russell Core
- Red Sox vs. Dodgers: A World Series Matchup That’s a Long Time Coming
- Donald Trump’s Press Conference Was ‘Hours of Rambling Nonsense and Buffoonery,’ Says 'Morning Joe'
Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild have 318 words, post on www.texasmonthly.com at May 13, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.