Amazon Game Studios has laid off employees this week, the tech company has confirmed. The layoffs come during the week of E3, the world’s biggest gaming conference. Amazon Game Studios, launched back in 2012, makes games including New World, The Grand Tour Game and Crucible. It has studios in San Diego and Orange County, California, and at Amazon’s HQ in Seattle, Washington. “Amazon Game Studios is reorganizing some of our teams to allow us to prioritize development of New World, Crucible and new unannounced projects we’re excited to reveal in the future,” an Amazon spokesperson told CNET Friday in an emailed statement. Amazon did not say how many people were affected by the job cuts. The spokesperson added that the company is working to “align resources to match evolving, long-range priorities.” “Amazon is deeply committed to games and continues to invest heavily in Amazon Game Studios, Twitch, Twitch Prime, AWS, our retail businesses and other areas within Amazon,” the spokesperson said. More from E3 How to preorder all the new games Watch every E3 video game trailer Nintendo recap: New Zelda sequel, Banjo-Kazooie, Luigi’s Mansion and more E3 2019: Complete coverage on GameSpot E3 2019: Complete coverage on CNET One… Read full this story
- Amazon Echo Studio review: The best Echo speaker yet
- Facebook acquires Beat Games, studio behind popular VR game Beat Saber
- Tencent Buys A Stake In Yet Another Game Studio
- Best Black Friday 2019 Amazon Gaming Deals: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PSVR, And More
- Xbox Game Studios' Matt Booty talks Project Scarlett and the desire to "deliver a game every three to four months"
- Facebook Acquires 'Beat Saber' Game Studio
- Amazon acquires Health Navigator for Amazon Care, its pilot employee healthcare program
- Amazon Has Set Its Sights on That New
- Amazon job postings add more fuel to game-streaming rumors
- Power Rangers Board Game Adds New Villain Stretch Goals
Amazon Game Studios lays off employees during E3 have 316 words, post on www.cnet.com at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.