Nation and World News By Associated Press | Friday, July 5, 2019, 12:05 a.m. Share this story President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and Karen Pence and others stand as the US Army Band performs and the US Navy Blue Angels flyover at the end of an Independence Day celebration in front of the Lincoln Memorial, Thursday. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) Strongest earthquake in 20 years rattles Southern California LOS ANGELES — The strongest earthquake in 20 years shook a large swath of Southern California and parts of Nevada on Thursday, rattling nerves on the July 4th holiday and causing injuries and damage in a town near the epicenter, followed by a swarm of ongoing aftershocks. ADVERTISING The 6.4 magnitude quake struck at 10:33 a.m. in the Mojave Desert, about 150 miles (240 kilometers) northeast of Los Angeles, near the town of Ridgecrest, California. Multiple injuries and two house fires were reported in the town of 28,000. Emergency crews were also dealing with small vegetation fires, gas leaks and reports of cracked roads, said Kern County Fire Chief David Witt. He said 15 patients were evacuated from the Ridgecrest Regional Hospital as a precaution and out… Read full this story
- Monday morning news briefing: BBC director-general rejects bias claims
- Monday evening news briefing: Five sentenced to death over Jamal Khashoggi killing
- Thursday morning news briefing: Civil Service revolution revealed
- Friday evening news briefing: UK troops 'at risk' after assassination of Iran's General Qassim Soleimani
- Friday morning news briefing: Iranian general killed by US
- How to Get Daily News Briefs With Siri Every Morning
- ‘19 firms have invested ₹15,648 crore in A.P. this year’
- Serena Williams aces AP Female Athlete of the Decade honors
- Kate Middleton royal baby LIVE: Latest news on new prince's name as family prepare to visit
- AP Explains: What is Boxing Day?
AP News in Brief 07-05-19 have 291 words, post on www.westhawaiitoday.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.