Photo: Courtesy Retailer At the height of the Marie Kondo craze, I eyed my closet and considered purging my stuff. Wouldn’t it be nice, I thought, to have a very pared-down uniform-like wardrobe? Wouldn’t it be virtuous to only own the number of shirts that fit on the hangers that I already owned? Wouldn’t it be great to have enough space in my tiny closet to actually look through what I had? Probably! But no matter how many times I try to purge my closet, it invariably fills up again. So if you’re in a similar spot, I have a suggestion: Stock up on skinny velvet hangers. You’ve likely heard about these hangers before — they’re a favorite of professional organizers, and by now have become a pretty well-known space-saving hack. Maybe you already own some. If you don’t, everything the pro organizers say is true. They’re so good that it’s kind of hard to talk about them without sounding like an infomercial. But really, ever since I switched out my old plastic ones for all skinny velvet hangers, I’ve been able to fit about 25 percent more in my closet. All of my collared shirts, blouses, and dresses hang… Read full this story
- What Strategist Readers Are Buying on Prime Day: Micellar Water and Toothbrushes
- Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals
- This Popular Multi-Plier Is On Sale For Almost As Low As Prime Day
- Prepare For Amazon Prime Day With BuzzFeed's Deals Newsletter!
- 24 Things That Will Make Your Skin Clearer Than It's Ever Been
- Brides look unrecognisable in before and after photos of wedding day make-up
- 29 Things That Will Make 2019 Less Of A Pain
- 39 Amazing Things That Will Make You Empty Out Your Wallet
- Would a new prime minister make a difference?
- 25 Things To Help Make Your Next Vacation Totally Stress-Free
If You Buy One Thing on Prime Day, Make It These Velvet Hangers have 320 words, post on nymag.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.