Credit: AMDAMD’s Epyc Rome processors were able to break world records in performance for various data center-specific workloads, using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and RHEL 8 operating systems (OSes), the open-source software vendor announced this week. According to Red Hat’s blog post detailing the achievement, Red Hat’s engineering team uses prototype hardware from partners to integrate partner-specific changes, which are then pushed upstream into supported RHEL OS versions. The company’s development and engineering teams have worked with AMD for more than a year on the testing and validation of the new Epyc processors, which resulted in several benchmarks using Red Hat’s OSes. The teams did a variety of benchmarks that covered SQL Server (TPC-H), Java performance (SPECjbb2015), IoT gateways (TPCx-IOT), busy database workloads (TPCx-V) and big data systems (TPCx-HS). You can see the benchmark results shared by Red Hat below: Cedit: Red Hatcores, such as AMD’s new Epyc CPUs. Red Hat also noted that its partners and customers have also begun to use RHEL 7 and 8 to do “extreme” workload benchmarks that push the scalability limits of the RHEL OSes, as well as the AMD CPUs.
- Guinness World Records 2019 announced
- Nine World Records set in the UK that are very strange
- Meet the red hatted ladies causing a stir around Ipswich
- 9 of the strangest World Records set in the UK
- Nine of the most random World Records set in the UK
- Hundreds flock to welcome back inspirational world record breaker
- Chelsea set for world record deal as Liverpool line up World Cup star: Premier League transfer rumours
- Chelsea close to world record deal as Liverpool line up World Cup star: Premier League transfer rumours
- Chelsea to complete world record deal as Liverpool line up World Cup star: Premier League transfer rumours
- Northern Ireland set to miss out on world record for longest time without government
AMD Epyc CPUs Claim 14 World Records With Red Hat's Help have 314 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.