The total number of House Democrat representatives who support impeaching the President has reached 218 — the exact number needed to pass articles of impeachment if all members of the House were to vote. There are 17 Democrats who are not in favour of impeachment. No Republicans have expressed support. The White House today released a five-page summary of the 30 minute conversation which took place on July 25 between the US President and Volodymyr Zelensky. But contrary to some reports, it’s “not a verbatim transcript”, as disclosed by the administration. RELATED: Read the whole transcript released by the White House Mr Trump responded by calling it a “nothing call”, but Democratic candidate for 2020, Elizabeth Warren labelled it a “smoking gun”. In a press conference on Wednesday, Mr Trump said it was “a joke” that the Democrats had substantiated a formal impeachment inquiry against him with his call to Mr Zelensky. “Impeachment, for that? When you have a wonderful meeting or a wonderful phone conversation …” he said. The president also suggested there was a “first” conversation between the leaders and that a transcript should be sought and made public. ”It was beautiful … perfect conversation,” he said. “Nothing… Read full this story
- House Democrat slams Trump: 'I'd like to impeach the bastard right now'
- Trump tape reveals religious right hypocrisy
- DOJ Confirms Reports That Trump-Ukraine ‘Whistleblower’ Has a Political Bias
- Nixon White House Counsel John Dean Says Rudy Giuliani's 'Blackmailing' Makes Trump Presidency Sound Like 'Mafia Soap Opera'
- Widow of legendary broadcaster Mister Rogers opens up about her love of Lady Gaga, her dislike of Trump and reveals she asked Tom Hanks NOT to play her husband as a 'saint' in the new movie of his life
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s Ukraine defense collides with facts
- Report: Review details effort to justify Ukraine decision
- Adam Schiff's 'Trump Show': Was it a hit with the undecideds?
- Mila Kunis attacks Donald Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric
- All the New Details About Rudy Giuliani’s Dealings in Ukraine
Details of Trump’s call to Ukraine revealed: ’I would like you to do us a favour’ have 321 words, post on www.news.com.au at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.