SpaceX is taking the whole ‘space tourist’ idea seriously. The company’s CEO Elon Musk posted a tweet on Monday stating “Getting ready for orbit-class Starship design.”He also posted a link to an article which details the company’s filing with the Federal Communications Commission for a reusable space rocket, which will be able to orbit the earth like airplanes fly inside the planet.The documents unearthed by the publication mentioned by Musk – Teslarati, are not about the design of the company’s orbital spaceship – Starship. It is about communications permissions for the orbiter while it is in flight.The documents have been filed in advance before the Starship goes through its next test – it is expected to go up 74,000 feet this time. In the previous tests, the prototype Starhopper went up just 500 feet. It is still not close to actual orbit, but given the height aimed this time, it is definitely significant.The company has reportedly stacked a new ring segment for the launch. This is designed to absorb a higher amount of shock than the previous one. The company’s launches create a lot of thrusts, which can send shock waves throughout Boca Chica, where the Launchpad is located.The last… Read full this story
- SpaceX’s Starship could be ready for launch in just a few months
- Elon Musk Praises Results After SpaceX Intentionally Blows Up Starship Tank
- SpaceX successfully launches another 60 Starlink satellites into orbit - including one 'anti-reflective' craft to appease disgruntled astronomers moaning it is spoiling their view
- Extended transcript: SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on putting boots on the moon and Mars
- SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink satellites into orbit TONIGHT as it pushes ahead with plans for a global internet despite complaints from disgruntled astronomers
- Watch live: SpaceX launches Falcon 9 resupply mission to the ISS today
- How SpaceX's Satellite Internet Will Actually Work
- SpaceX Wants to Launch Thousands of Satellites. What on Earth For?
- SpaceX to kick off a busy year with launch of 60 more Starlink satellites into space
- SpaceX launching more Starlink satellites, and seeking to address astronomers' concerns
SpaceX orbital starship design listed with FCC have 340 words, post on www.ibtimes.co.uk at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.