Roh continued his black-market operation despite being warned in person by agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that he was breaking the law. But five years after raiding his business and indicting him, federal authorities quietly cut a deal with Roh earlier this year and agreed to drop the charges. The judge in the case had issued a tentative order that, in the eyes of prosecutors, threatened to upend the decades-old Gun Control Act and “seriously undermine the ATF’s ability to trace and regulate firearms nationwide.” A case once touted by prosecutors as a crackdown on an illicit firearms factory was suddenly seen as having the potential to pave the way to unfettered access to one of the most demonized guns in America. Federal authorities preferred to let Roh go free rather than have the ruling become final and potentially create case law that could have a crippling effect on the enforcement of gun laws, several sources familiar with the matter told CNN. Each requested anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the case and its possible implications. Under US District Court Judge James V. Selna’s interpretation of the law, convicted felons and other people prohibited… Read full this story
- California Tries New Tack on Gun Violence: Bullet Controls
- Avoidable Contact: Who wants to last forever?
- Avoidable Contact: Who’s afraid of a little integration?
- Avoidable Contact: Airbags killed the AM radio star.
- Is Social Media Addiction in the NBA Out of Control?
- 2018 NBA free agency: Nuggets, Will Barton reportedly agree to 4-year, $54 million deal
- 3 Series vs A4 vs C-Class vs S60 - Gunning for glory
- Every NBA Team's Weakest Link Heading into the Draft and Free Agency
- John Bailey: Ways to avoid the anguishes of angling
- MLB free agency begins: Five bold FA and trade predictions, including Harper and Machado to the same team
He sold illegal AR-15s. Feds agreed to let him go free to avoid hurting gun control efforts have 307 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.