RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CA — Smoke from three fires in Riverside County may bring unhealthy air this weekend if the fires continue to burn, the South Coast Air Quality Management District said Friday afternoon. Low levels of PM2.5 — inhalable particles with diameters of 2.5 micrometers and smaller — have been measured in Riverside County due to the Sandalwood Fire, Reche Fire and Wolf Fire. It’s safe to breathe for now, but if the fires keep producing smoke Friday evening through Saturday morning, the air in parts of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties may become unhealthy for sensitive groups. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles County, smoke from the Saddleridge Fire has created unhealthy air in portions of the San Fernando Valley, Topanga and Malibu. A map of South Coast air quality forecasts can be found at http://www.aqmd.gov/ForecastAreas. Continued updates on air quality can be found at http://www.aqmd.gov/advisory. To stay safe, if you smell smoke or see wildfire ash, try to stay indoors and close your windows and doors — or alternatively try to find alternate shelter. It also helps to run an air conditioner to recirculate indoor air, and avoid using any wood-burning appliances. For current Smoke Advisory info surrounding the #SaddleridgeFire,… Read full this story
- 250K Western Riverside County Residents Asked To Stop Outdoor Water Use During Emergency Repair On Major Pipeline
- Poor Air Quality Prompts No-Burn Alert in Woodland Hills
- Air District Links Benefits Of COVID-19 Telecommuting To Bluer Skies, Happier Lives, Improved Workplace, Less Traffic
- The health risks of breathing smoke from California's wildfires
- COVID-19 Lockdown Has Led to 11,000 Fewer Air-Pollution Deaths, Assessment Claims
- Is air pollution making the coronavirus pandemic even more deadly?
- No Burn Alert Issued For Baldwin Park
- Stay Indoors, Woodland Hills: Smoke from Sands Fire Reaches Unhealthy Levels
- L.A. coronavirus clean air streak has already come to an end. Here’s why
- Seeing Smoke in Woodland Hills? Here's Why
Riverside County Smoke Alert: Unhealthy Air Quality Possible have 311 words, post on patch.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.