close Video President Trump goes on offense amid impeachment battle Trump rips top Democrats pushing impeachment inquiry; reaction on ‘The Five.’ You never quite know when President Trump might fire off a tweet, targeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., or House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif. “I guess that means that they, along with all of those that evilly ‘Colluded’ with them, must all be immediately Impeached!” tweeted the president. Trump also described Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah as “a fool” in a tweet, launching the hashtag “#IMPEACHMITTROMNEY.” How would this happen? Could this happen? The conventional argument is that no, House members and senators cannot be impeached. That’s true for the most part – even though the House did impeach Tennessee Sen. William Blount – twice – in the 18th Century. But we’ll come back to that in a minute. TED CRUZ CRITICIZES TRUMP’S CALL FOR CHINA TO INVESTIGATE BIDENS Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution grants the House “the sole Power of Impeachment.” Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution awards the Senate “the sole Power to try all Impeachments.” Then, Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution articulates who is eligible for impeachment: “The President, Vice President and all civil… Read full this story
- Amash: Trump could face impeachment over Comey memo
- Why Trump and Romney are co-dependent
- Pres. Trump on the 'Tapes' Tweet: Comey's 'Story May Have Changed'
- President Trump calls Las Vegas shooting 'an act of pure evil'
- Senate slugfest: Trump calls U.S. Rep. Luke Messer by the wrong name
- Trump calls Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly a ‘bimbo,’ posts doctored image of her in continuing Twitter rant
- Soldier's widow still 'very angry' about Trump call last week, says Rep. Wilson's statement '100% correct'
- Trump calls for the end of the Clinton Foundation
- Criticize Trump, get a mean tweet? Response to Meryl Streep takedown could be our 4-year future
- Seth Meyers burns Donald Trump, calls him ‘the Meryl Streep of having thin skin’
Trump called for Romney's impeachment in tweet, but could that actually happen? A look back in time have 318 words, post on www.foxnews.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.