A loyal supporter of Donald Trump has been removed from a closed-door impeachment hearing after House officials ruled he had no right to be there. Matt Gaetz, a Republican congressman from Florida, had attempted to crash a meeting put together by the House intelligence, foreign affairs and oversight committees — the official congressional panels spearheading an impeachment inquiry into the president. There was just one problem: Mr Gaetz does not serve on any of the three panels handling the inquiry. He was swiftly ejected from the room and stayed outside shortly after to complain to reporters about the situation. Mr Gaetz argued that, because the House judiciary committee, of which he is a member, has previously led impeachment enquiries, he should have been allowed in the room. “It’s not like I’m on agriculture,” Mr Gaetz said. “What are the Democrats so afraid of?” The Republican congressman was attempting to enter the closed-door hearing with Fiona Hill, Mr Trump’s British-born former top aide on Russia and ex-deputy assistant to the president. Mr Gaetz has repeatedly called for an end to the impeachment inquiry, and on Monday was roundly mocked on Twitter for trying to crash the meeting. Renato Mariotti, a former… Read full this story
- Trump Faces Giuliani Dilemma as House, Justice Probes Converge
- Trump lawyer Giuliani will not cooperate in U.S. House impeachment inquiry
- Schiff Vows to Release Transcripts of Impeachment Inquiry Testimony, Won’t Say When
- Rudy Giuliani informs Congress he will defy its subpoena
- Rudy Giuliani splits from his own attorney after just two weeks as he says he will defy subpoena from Democrats' subpoena saying: 'If they enforce it, then we will see what happens'
- 2020 Democrats face off in debate tonight: 8 things to watch
- A Young Man Can Fly - Be the Best You Can Be! You Deserve It! And So Does Your Back Pocket!
- Freedom, The French, and Old Orchard Beach
- Secret Trials in the United States
Trump loyalist accused of being president’s ‘eyes and ears’ after crashing closed-door impeachment hearing have 318 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.