Primers What is AI? Everything you need to know What is machine learning? Everything you need to know What is deep learning? Everything you need to know What is artificial general intelligence? Everything you need to know Fourteen years ago, Raja Koduri helped usher in the age of GPU computing, a year before Nvidia chief Jensen Huang talked about the phenomenon. The idea was that GPUs can do more than smooth video game graphics, they can crunch scientific problems. The vision is today a reality, as GPUs are the workhorse of artificial intelligence and, increasingly, high-performance computing of all sorts. Koduri, then working at Advanced Micro Devices, now lead architect at Intel, sat down with ZDNet to talk about how GPU computing is a revolution that’s still unfolding. Also: The world’s fastest supercomputers hit higher speeds than ever with Linux”We are at an inflection point for high-performance computing,” said Koduri. “Twenty years ago, HPC was dominated by vertically-integrated architectures,” but then, “commodity X86 took over, with open source software, and an explosion of libraries, and all clusters, not just HPC, became x86 with a plethora of software.” That software movement, he said, is leading to a new era of compute… Read full this story
- Baseball strike in 1994-95 began 25 years ago
- Fire Used to Make Better Tools 75,000 Years Ago
- Got to get you out of my life: Searing interviews Beatles gave 50 years ago pouring out their frustration on brink of break-up - and then tried to ban - are published for the first time and reveal how they really couldn't work it out...
- Started 40 years ago, Big Buddy Program now serves more kids in Baton Rouge than ever
- 40 years ago... and now: Birlas - A family that hit the headlines over a will
- Sydney New Year's Eve fireworks replaced by drones? It's not so far fetched
- Intel Foveros is a ‘hybrid x86 architecture’ that pairs Core with Atom
- Has the age of quantum computing arrived?
- Leaked Intel 10th-gen Comet Lake S picture confirms specification rumors
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe Updated with groundbreaking GPU Acceleration Docking Tech
Intel’s Koduri continues a GPU computing revolution he helped start years ago have 344 words, post on www.zdnet.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.